Types of data we collect
We will only ever collect identifiable data that you give us permission to collect. This is either from your customer/supplier account, or when you complete our contact form.
This may include the following:
• Your location
• Your contact details, including contact names and their positions as supplied by you
• Your correspondence and communications with us
• Bank and/or Card details
• VAT number and Company Registration Number [if relevant]
This list is not exhaustive, and, in specific circumstances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy. Some of the above personal information is collected directly, for example, when you set up an online account on our website or send an email to us. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity.
We do offer the option for customers to sign up to our email mailing list, this gives us access to the information you fill out in our form. We use that information for various reasons: to tell you about exciting updates or events, to check our records are right or to let you know about something you’ve asked us to tell you about. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses
We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our newsletter and other marketing emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect your data
Thoresby Estates are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
• Regular cyber security assessments
• Internal policies setting out our data security approach
• Security controls which protect the IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
• The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
• You have the right to view, amend or delete the personal information we hold about you. Email your request to our data protection officer at: email@example.com
Legal basis for using your personal data
We collect and use customers personal data because it is necessary for:
• The pursuit of our legitimate interests [as set out below]
• The purposes of complying with our duties for customers and suppliers
• Complying with our legal obligations
Customers have the right to withdraw their consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer/supplier data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Thoresby Estate, including:
• Selling and supplying goods to customers
• Buying goods from suppliers
• Protecting customers/suppliers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
• Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
• Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
• Understand our customers behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
• Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
• Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
• Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
• Protecting Thoresby Estates, its employees and customers/suppliers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach or legal obligations of Thoresby Estate
• Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Thoresby Estate
• Fulfilling our duties to our customers, suppliers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about how Thoresby Estate uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means
• Phone us on: 01623 822 301
• Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Write to us at:
Thoresby Estate Office
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at www.ico.org.uk