Thoresby Walled Garden
Hidden within the grounds of Thoresby Park is a rare treasure. Built circa 1765 the Kitchen Garden, more widely known as the Walled Garden, was once a centre of activity on the Estate. Surrounded by walls three times the size of a man, the 5 acre garden originally provided fresh food and flowers for the family living in the big house.
Following the death of Earl Manvers in 1955, the garden was abandoned.
Now, in partnership with Echium World, Thoresby is poised on the verge of a new era with ambitious plans to revive and rebuild the Gardens with public access, the outhouses rebuilt and repurposed and a revival of the activity and energy which has filled the site for 250 years
The Walled Garden & Echium World have just appeared on Notts TV.